[Cohoes, NY — March 03, 2020] Mohawk Fine Papers, Inc., North America’s largest privately-owned manufacturer of fine papers, envelopes and specialty materials for printing, has released an expanded and refreshed line of Crane Pure Cotton Papers.
Behind every great partnership is a story, and in 2018 Mohawk began a new chapter with the acquisition of Crane’s Stationery. Since then, the two businesses have come together to form an all-star team of dedicated craftspeople, committed to stewarding Crane’s 200-year papermaking legacy. In developing the updated Crane Papers portfolio, product and marketing teams at Mohawk collaborated to create products that celebrate heritage while serving all the current and future uses of paper.
Melissa Stevens, Chief Revenue Officer at Mohawk, said the partnership has been a success from the start. “Mohawk has always had craftsmanship at its core, and Crane was built on a legacy of cotton papermaking,” Stevens said. “The combined knowledge and artistry at these two companies opens up remarkable possibilities for innovation.”
The refreshed Crane Cotton Papers portfolio includes:
- Crane’s Lettra Letterpress: Crane’s Lettra fueled the rebirth of artisanal letterpress printing. Recognized for its lush cotton surface and handmade quality, Lettra’s Letterpress finish is the industry’s first choice for impact printing processes like letterpress, engraving, blind embossing, and foil stamping.
- NEW Crane’s Lettra Impress: Lettra Impress finish expands the possibilities for printing on cotton papers. Optimized to complement the newest digital presses, Impress finish will also perform effortlessly on offset or any of the impact processes traditionally associated with cotton papers. This new finish includes several color options, including three fresh pastel shades and Dark Black.
- NEW Crane’s Lettra Impress Duplex: Constructed from Lettra Impress Pearl White and Dark Black, Lettra Impress Duplex is a show-stopping sheet with all the versatility of single-ply Lettra Impress in a two-shade sheet.
- Crane’s Crest: For over a century, Crane’s Crest has been synonymous with the finest stationery, distinguished by its crisp, cotton feel and subtly tactile elegance. Available in 4 nuanced, natural finishes, Crane’s Crest is the perfect choice for letterhead, personal stationery, business cards, and any project where materials matter.
Crane Papers Swatchbook
Mohawk’s newest swatchbook of Crane Papers represents a reinvigorated portfolio that demonstrates Mohawk’s commitment to the legacy of expertly crafted American paper. The book contains the most comprehensive and versatile collection of pure cotton papers on the market today.
Every color, finish, and basis weight available in the Crane Papers portfolio is represented across four stunning waterfalls of paper swatches. The new swatchbook also features stock listings and details for each of the grades.
Make with Mohawk Print Set 03: Crane’s Lettra + Letterpress
In support of the refreshed Crane Papers portfolio, Mohawk is introducing Make with Mohawk Print Set 03. Print Set 03 is the third in a three-part series pairing specific printing processes with select Mohawk papers. For this set, Crane’s Lettra is paired with one, two, and three-color letterpress printing.
“Crane’s Lettra is the perfect paper to bring out the tactile beauty unique to letterpress,” said Chris Harrold, Senior VP of Marketing and Creative at Mohawk. “Today, as designers increasingly crave a contrast to the slick experience of a screen, Lettra and letterpress offer the perfect high-touch alternative.”
For Print Set 03, three heavy weights of Crane’s Lettra were chosen to serve the vision of three featured artists:
- NEW Crane’s Lettra Impress Dark Black 110 Cover (297 gsm) + Brendan Monroe
- NEW Crane’s Lettra Impress Light Pink 110 Cover (297 gsm) + Super Nice Letters
- Crane’s Lettra Letterpress Pearl White 110 Cover (297 gsm) + Nathaniel Russell
Crane’s Lettra + Letterpress prints and cards are also available for a limited time through the pop-up Make with Mohawk Printshop: a new online resource that challenges designers to create their own work using the same papers + processes demonstrated in the Make with Mohawk Print Set series, powered by TOG.ink.
The Crane Papers swatchbook and Make with Mohawk Print Set 03 were designed by Hybrid Design of San Francisco, CA and skillfully printed by Fey Printing of Wisconsin Rapids, WI with letterpress prints printed by The Occasions Group in Mankato, MN. To order a swatchbook, print set or paper samples, contact your local Mohawk Representative or merchant or order online at mohawkconnects.com.
At its core, Mohawk is a company of makers. A family-owned business since 1931, it serves the creative needs of designers, brand-owners, and printers in more than 60 countries with carefully crafted papers designed to make print more beautiful, effective, and memorable. It sources pulp responsibly, conserves the water its craft relies on, and harnesses wind power for its mills. Mohawk papers help print go from simply good to truly great.
Since 1801, Crane Stationery has been synonymous with exquisite personalized and hand-crafted stationery. The world’s premium purveyor of social stationery products, Crane proudly offers a portfolio of three premium brands, Crane & Co., William Arthur and Vera Wang, each with unique signature styles. Created by highly skilled artisans in the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts, Crane Stationery continues to celebrate treasured social connections and life’s milestones through its exquisite quality, design and craftsmanship. For more information on Crane products please visit crane.com.