A full resdesign for inspiration, education and making
Mohawk, North America’s largest privately-owned manufacturer of fine papers, envelopes and specialty materials for printing announces the launch of their entirely re-designed web site. Located at mohawkconnects.com, the new Mohawk site features a fresh and thoroughly updated user interface, designed for a more intuitive search for all things paper and print.
The new site was designed with all Mohawk customers in mind, from seasoned paper aficionados to aspirational paper nerds. “The redesigned website is a clear expression of our commitment to inspiration and education for all Mohawk customers,” said Bart Robinson, Senior VP Marketing. According to Robinson, “Above all we wanted to create a destination on the web where choosing paper would be an easy, intuitive and totally transparent experience, no matter what your level of knowledge or expertise.”
Starting with the landing page, the new site is welcoming, colorful and fully responsive across mobile and desktop platforms. In designing the new site, Mohawk worked with San Francisco based Hybrid Design, who helped create a simplified and up to date site navigation that takes into account users different needs, interests and level of knowledge.
The new Mohawk website navigation bar is comprised of six search options:
- Product- Making paper is our heritage and the redesigned Product section organizes everything we make in an intuitive, highly visual way patterned after our swatchbooks. This includes larger color swatches and textural overlays so users can preview as they go. It’s never been easier to search for just the right color and texture on the web.
- Inspiration- Within the Inspiration section you find the all new Mohawk Blog, combining the insights and assets of what used to be Felt & Wire with Mohawk MakeReady. You’ll also find the celebrated Mohawk Maker Quarterly, Mohawk’s tactical series of Maker Field Guides and a wide range of sample projects printed on Mohawk within this section. This is the ultimate destination on the web to get your creative fix.
- Education- Inspired and ready to dig deeper? This is the place everyone can use to strengthen their paper and printing knowledge. From printing terms and techniques to all the paper knowledge anyone could possibly want to know, the Education section is an indispensable resource. This rich resource section was built for both paper novices and print pros to begin and advance their education.
- Make- Ready to create some amazing print? The Make section has been designed to help you connect with the right professional in your neighborhood to get that done. Featuring a new “Find a Printer” option, which helps designers find printers based on their project needs and the printers capabilities. Think of this as a matchmaking service for printers and designers, helping printers celebrate their craft with the Mohawk community.
- About Us- Behind every great company is a story and Mohawk’s begins in 1931. Four generations later, family-owned Mohawk is built on relationships, communication and honesty toward everyone, from customers to employees. This is a great place to get to know Mohawk better and understand what drives them to innovate for the long term and not just the next quarter.
- Check Stock- Committed to making specifying paper easy, the enhanced stock check feature was designed with transparency in mind. Once you’ve chosen the paper for your project, you can now search local inventories from Mohawk’s extensive network of paper distribution partners as well as Mohawk warehouses. From deeply textured colors to silky smooth whites, the perfect paper is closer than you think.
The new Mohawk website is the latest expression of Mohawk’s sustained commitment to supporting graphic designers and printers, by making fine paper approachable, relevant and accessible. At your desktop or on the go, the new mohawkconnects.com makes finding the perfect paper a whole lot easier.
Behind every great company is a story. The Mohawk story begins in 1931, during the turbulence of the Great Depression, when George O’Connor took a chance and bought a bankrupt paper mill in Upstate New York. Convinced that the mill and the craftspeople who worked there were worth saving, he strove to make paper that was as enduring and unique as it was well-crafted and beautiful. This purposeful foresight became a philosophy understood by four generations of the O’Connor family as they have led Mohawk forward.
Today, that papermaking legacy encompasses the manufacturing of fine paper and envelopes including signature brands Mohawk Superfine® and Strathmore® as well as proprietary treatments Inxwell® and i-Tone®. Mohawk has also assembled a comprehensive portfolio of specialty digital substrates, including wide format and sheet fed materials which are best in class for all types of digital printing.
And because Mohawk cares about the environment, they do all this with future generations in mind, by sourcing pulps responsibly, conserving water, and harnessing wind power for our mills.
At their core, Mohawk is a company of makers. Making real things that make a real impact. Making connections between people and ideas. What Mohawk makes helps print go from simply good to truly great. Find out more at mohawkconnects.com.
Mohawk is North America’s largest privately-owned manufacturer of fine papers and envelopes which are preferred for commercial and digital printing, photo specialties and high-end direct mail. Mohawk fine papers and envelopes include the signature brands Mohawk Superfine® and Strathmore®, as well as proprietary treatments Inxwell® and i-Tone®. With a culture of innovation reaching back to its beginning in 1931, Mohawk is committed to providing materials that help make every printed project more beautiful, effective and memorable.
As a leader in environmentally and socially responsible business practices, Mohawk was the first U.S. manufacturer of commercial printing papers to match 100% of its electricity with wind power renewable energy credits and the first U.S. premium paper mill to shift toward carbon neutral production. Mohawk’s portfolio of recycled papers is certified by Green Seal and the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
Mohawk is a fourth-generation, family-owned and operated business based in Cohoes, New York, with global sales and operations located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, please visit www.mohawkconnects.com.
CONNECT WITH MOHAWK