We are looking for an Electrical/Instrumentation Engineer to join our Engineering Department. The Electrical/Instrumentation Engineer will provide electrical and Instrumentation engineering services to the Cohoes and Waterford Paper Mill and Converting Operations.
- Performs engineering projects including specification, design equipment selection, system integration, procurement, scheduling, construction, cost control, start-up and training sitewide.
- Creatively apply innovative systems and leading-edge technology to new projects and process upgrades while providing hands-on engineering and troubleshooting/problem-solving expertise.
- Direct work and/or consult with operating/production teams, vendors, suppliers, multiple crafts, contractors, staff engineering and other specialists, while preserving equipment maintain-ability, housekeeping and all safety/quality standard requirements.
- Develop procedures, guidelines and supervise work for electrical design, installation, start-up, operations, maintenance, operator training, and troubleshooting.
The right person for this role is a self-starter with strong attention to detail. The following are also required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Five or more years’ experience as an electrical/instrumentation engineer working with paper manufacturing equipment or other continuous process manufacturing operation
- Knowledge and experience with PLC’s and instrumentation controls
- Knowledge of DCS, electrical drives and power distribution systems desired
Mohawk is committed to being a great place to work. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision plan
- 401(k) Match 50% up to 6%
- Student Loan Pay Down Program
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should send their resume to [email protected] or apply online at the link below.