Paper Making at Mohawk

Can’t visit a paper mill in person? Here’s the next best thing! Equal parts craft and engineering, see premium paper being made at Mohawk’s historic Waterford, New York mill.

1. Posted by Andrew Charalambous on 08.5.15 at 11:41 am

Video runs to about a minute then shuts down? Is this happening on my end.
    Wanted to share with customers I do paper school training for new employees.

2. Posted by Robert Ohr on 08.5.15 at 12:20 pm

Nice idea but I can’t get it to play. Tried three times. 🙁

3. Posted by Simon Sheers on 08.5.15 at 12:37 pm

The video stops and starts, images pause then jump around.
    I cannot use this on our website since the video is far too flaky.

Please have an expert in video creation review and correct the errors.

The whole video is useless — and we wanted to promote paper usage on our website.

4. Posted by Stan Wolkoff, Masterpiece Printers, Inc. on 08.5.15 at 12:46 pm

Excellent video. Thanks.

5. Posted by Michael King on 08.5.15 at 12:58 pm

Wonderful short explanation. I worked in a paper mill during my college summer vacations and this was like a trip back in time for me. All that was missing was the heat and the noise level and I don’t miss them! I enjoyed this movie very much..

6. Posted by Mohawk Fine Papers on 08.5.15 at 12:59 pm

Thank you for reaching out. We are looking into the playback issues and are working on getting them resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

7. Posted by Cheralyn Ballantyne on 08.5.15 at 5:17 pm

That is an outstanding educational video! Thank you.

8. Posted by Don Watters Grandville Printing Co. on 08.5.15 at 7:03 pm

This is a good basic quick video on how paper is made. I like the fact that it’s 3 1/2 minutes. I am the Web Press classroom trainer and intend to use this when covering paper. Thanks for sending it to us!

9. Posted by Nick Spence on 08.5.15 at 7:12 pm

Very good video explanation–we’ll put it on our Facebook feed. I do wish it included information on the coatings applied to create coated stocks. Also, in this day and age of environmental concern, it would have been valuable for you to indicate how you make all that water nice and clean again as the good environmental stewards I am sure you are.

10. Posted by Kim Schiedermayer on 08.10.15 at 12:44 pm

This is the best video I’ve seen by our cousins – the industrial papermakers – to show how paper is made on the large scale. We’ll be sharing it widely!

I always wished we could’ve made a video like – Mohawk’s Paper Mill and Arnold and his Papermill(TM) – to show how hand papermaking exactly mirrors the steps industry uses to form, press and dry sheets while we had Arnold, one of paper’s biggest fans.

Anyway, thanks so much for this!

Kim Schiedermayer
    Arnold Grummer’s (R) Paper Making Kits & Supplies

11. Posted by Jeremy Bardwell on 08.3.17 at 10:43 pm

Just stumbled across this video and Wow! We work with Mohawk papers on a daily basis and you can always count on them for both a quality and consistent product. It’s great to see how they work their magic! You’d never think that so much work goes in to making something as simple as paper. Great job guys!

I will be sharing this!

Jeremy Bardwell
    D&D Printing Company

[BLOG] Champions of Craft: Sebastian Cox: We know that materials matter, and the right materials can take a p... https://t.co/NDMG0CUGIn @feltandwire - View on Twitter
[BLOG] Inspiration, education + conversation: A Maker’s Field Guide to Texture and Color: The competition for... https://t.co/WeqCJa92nr @feltandwire - View on Twitter
[BLOG] On The Wire: Designer to Watch, Mimi Kim: Today, guest blogger, Sarah Schwartz, editor of Stationery T... https://t.co/7PX5EFbFOm @feltandwire - View on Twitter