5 Valentine gifts + 1 to WIN!

[Tom Biederbeck] Here are five Valentine’s Day gifts from the Felt & Wire Shop that I wish I was getting (hint: any one of them will do). Read on and find out which one you can win — like, FREE.

First Day of Issue Love Stamp, 2002, by Michael Osborne Design

Michael Osborne’s 2002 Love stamp is a graphical puzzle you never grow tired of solving. Instantly recognizable, endlessly entertaining to the eye. And this is a real first-day issue, a keepsake … for those of you whose love is eternal. $15.

Words of Love Notecard Set, by Cummings & Good

No poet wrote so movingly of love in the English language. Shakespeare and candy hearts: the eternal sublime and the irresistibly debased. Set of 10 notecards with envelopes, $15.

Love Birds Place Card Set, by Timeless Paper

Why? Because even the gruffest guy has to give in sometime and say, “Awww. Aren’t they sweet?” Hand-painted on card stock with hand-penned embellishments. And they can be custom-printed by the artist. Now, doesn’t that touch you guys just a little? Set of 25, $25.

Hello Darling Pink Card Set, by Petite Suite Store

The racy color sets the mood for romantic correspondence — perhaps inconveniently romantic correspondence? Hand-bordered, deckle-edge cards, lined envelopes. I recommend delivering these in person, ladies and gentlemen: The hot hue and heated exchange within may alarm the postal authorities. Three cards and envelopes, $15.

WIN: You Are Here Handprinted Letterpress Poster by Roll&TumblePress

It’s clever, it’s anatomical, it’s … clevatomical? This exquisitely hand-printed (on the Vandercook) poster is from an original Roll&Tumble illustration, five-color lino hand-carved, printed in charcoal gray, pale yellow, red, blue and black on 80-lb. cover. 12 x 18 in., $25, BUT … you can WIN it FREE by posting a comment below, celebrating YOUR most romantic Valentine’s Day gift. FIVE of you lucky devil-got-your-hearts will be awarded.

And while you’re at the Shop, check out the AIGA Nebraska Valentine Collection.

1. Posted by little t jane on 02.10.10 at 10:10 pm

oh i LOVE it! totally clevatomical. thank you so much!!!

2. Posted by Iylana on 02.10.10 at 11:53 pm

That print is awesome. Most romantic Valentine’s gift – a pair of running shoes to begin our goal of getting in shape to travel around the world.

3. Posted by Bernardo on 02.11.10 at 2:43 am

My friend’s baby was born on Valentine’s day two years ago. I think that’s the most romantic Valentine’s day gift ever.

4. Posted by Rachel on 02.11.10 at 8:37 am

These are awesome! My best Valentine’s day gift (to date- few days away!) was a simple flower and an I love you, which is all a girl needs!

5. Posted by Angie on 02.11.10 at 5:04 pm

I love it!
    Most romantic gift? Well, my favorite was a handmade carving and card from my dad. Not romantic, but definitely my favorite.

6. Posted by Elizabeth Talerman on 02.14.10 at 2:07 pm

My dearest Valentine gift always arrives via post from my Mum – another addition to my collection of books by my favorite illustrators. This year’s edition is Ralph Steadman. Bizarre, confounding, funny and fabulous!

[BLOG] Champions of Craft: Sebastian Cox: We know that materials matter, and the right materials can take a p... https://t.co/NDMG0CUGIn @feltandwire - View on Twitter
[BLOG] Inspiration, education + conversation: A Maker’s Field Guide to Texture and Color: The competition for... https://t.co/WeqCJa92nr @feltandwire - View on Twitter
[BLOG] On The Wire: Designer to Watch, Mimi Kim: Today, guest blogger, Sarah Schwartz, editor of Stationery T... https://t.co/7PX5EFbFOm @feltandwire - View on Twitter