Controls and Automation Engineer — Cohoes, NY
We are looking for a Controls and Automation Engineer to join our team in the manufacturing and converting of paper products. The successful candidate will promote safety and excellence in all areas of influence as well as being an enthusiastic team player. The individual will work in tandem with maintenance and manufacturing in supporting and optimizing existing systems while having the capability to manage and execute capital projects.
- Work in proactive manner to identify, correct, and coach unsafe conditions or actions that are observed.
- Creatively apply innovative systems and leading-edge technology to new projects and process upgrades.
- Work day-to-day with operations and maintenance in providing timely and effective troubleshooting and support for process, instrumentation, DCS control applications, QCS scanners and controls, PLC and drives/motion control systems.
- Develop control strategies, configure software, and handle software maintenance for DCS, QCS, PLC, AC/DC drives and motion control systems.
- Project execution from design, equipment selection, system integration, procurement, scheduling, construction, cost control, start-up to training.
- Develop technology and process improvement plans to best utilize current and upcoming technologies.
- Identify and execute opportunities to reduce cost, reduce variability and increase uptime.
- Document via drawings and written procedures of control and electrical systems.
- Direct work and/or collaborate with operation, maintenance crafts, engineering staff, vendors, contractors, and management in maintaining and optimizing equipment and processes.
- Develop maintenance and operating personnel of the control systems functions and capabilities.
- Establish maintenance procedures and schedules for control systems.
The right person for this role is a self-starter with a strong attention to detail. The following are also required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering or other engineering discipline.
- Five (5) or more years in paper or chemical manufacturing industry experience preferred.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan, manage and drive execution of improvement projects.
- Self-directing and directing others.
- Strong troubleshooting of manufacturing processes.
- Strong troubleshooting and programming of ABB Mod 300, ABB AC450, ABB 800xA control systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot control loops, process issues, electrical circuits, I/O systems, and control networks.
- Ability to program in ladders diagram, structured text, function block diagram, and sequential function chart.
- Ability to troubleshoot and program PLC, AC/DC drives, motion control, and HMI’s.
- Knowledge of ABB DCS/QCS Mod 300, AC450 and 800xA.
- Knowledge of instrumentation and sensor technologies and applications.
- Knowledge of Rockwell PLC/Drives/Motion Controllers; GE Drives/PLC, RedLion HMI, and Siemens PLC.
- Knowledge of AUTOCAD, SolidWorks, OSISoft PI, Office365
Mohawk is committed to being a great place to work. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision plan
- 401(k) benefit
- Student Loan Pay Down Program
- Parental Leave
- Generous PTO Program
- Education Assistance
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should apply online at Mohawkconnects.com or submit their resume to [email protected].