We are looking for a Systems Administrator & IT Services Manager to fill two critical roles in the Information Technology department.
IT Services Management: This person will manage vendor relationships providing level 1, 2, & 3 IT support for desktop computing, phone systems, networking, and the data center.
Enterprise Systems Administration: This person will have primary responsibility for the administration of enterprise systems running in the data center. This will include application upgrading, patching, user access, and other system maintenance in support of the business processes. It will also include developing documentation for level 1, 2, & 3 support teams required by those applications.
IT Services Management
- Manage service desk effectiveness: work with the Mohawk employees and the managed service provider to ensure the performance of the IT service desk. This includes measuring performance to standards and continuously improving service processes.
- Manage data center and network effectiveness: work with the Mohawk employees, systems analysts, software vendors, managed service providers, network vendors, and data center vendors to ensure the performance of the data center and network, including backups and business continuity programs.
- Manage Microsoft Active Directory: work with the business and the managed service provider to develop standards, procedures, and documentation for Microsoft Active Directory.
- Support other IT services such as mobile device management and conferencing services.
Enterprise Systems Administration
- Install, configure, patch, and upgrade software applications: work with project teams and software vendors to install, configure, maintain, and support business and manufacturing application systems, to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
- Maintain performance of enterprise applications: work with software vendors, managed service providers, users, and systems analysts to develop and document performance monitoring and software maintenance procedures to maintain performance and uptime of enterprise applications.
- Administer enterprise software: be a member of the support team responsible for documenting and administering software access and security for users.
- Keep current on technology: understand industry trends, developments in technology, and emerging products and why those technologies should or should not be on the Mohawk roadmap.
- Be an active part of the technology planning process.
The right person for this role is a self-starter with a strong attention to detail. The following are also required:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to provide high-level customer service.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Experience managing IT services vendors.
- Experience as a senior IT technician or service desk manager
- Strong experience with VMware, VEEAM, virtualization, Windows Servers, and related technologies.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field with 5-10 years of experience in IT systems administration, data center administration and/or service desk, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess demonstrated ability to administer VMware, VEEAM, Microsoft Server OS, Microsoft Active Directory, MS Exchange, and servers running Microsoft SQL server.
- Experience with Infor M3 ERP is a plus.
Mohawk is committed to being a great place to work. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision plan
- 401(k) 50% match up to 6%
- Student Loan Pay Down Program
- Parental Leave
- Generous PTO Program
- Education Assistance
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should send their resume to [email protected] or apply online at the link below.