Analyst - Commercial
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) within our Financial Planning & Analysis team to support Mohawk’s Commercial teams of Sales and Marketing. The Commercial SFA will be responsible for providing decision support through data-based analysis of financial and non-financial information.
- Responsible for performing detailed financial analysis including advanced financial modeling, profitability analysis, return on investment/discounted cash flow analysis, monitoring business issues and impact to profitability.
- Participation in the annual planning process, mid-year forecasts and short-term outlooks.
- Analytical communication of results based on comparison to plan and prior year, analysis, and interpretation of financial and non-financial information.
- Ability to interpret changes in the commercial environment and develop the resulting financial impact.
- Proactive and collaborative solution development for commercial challenges and maximization of opportunities.
- Strong focus on improving and acting on information for decision making within a fast-paced environment.
- Develop a deep and intuitive understanding of the business, and what drives success through inquisitive and open dialogue with others.
- Participation in the accounting close process which may include account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting matters.
- Other responsibilities may include audit support, reporting support, preparation of Board of Directors materials, presentation preparation and ad-hoc requests.
The right person for this role is a self-starter with a strong attention to detail. The following are also required:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or engineering (with experience in FP&A) or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Ability to work with a reasonable amount of uncertainty and provide best estimates with confidence.
- Ability to understand and define issues, collect and analyze data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills; ability to translate data into decision making
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate across functions as a business partner and service provider.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Extensive knowledge in spreadsheet (MS Excel) and financial modeling.
- Experience with statistics or using statistical packages for analyzing data (R, JMP, SQL, Power BI) is a plus.
- Able to work with large amounts of data.
Mohawk is committed to being a great place to work. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision plan
- 401(k) Contribution of 3% of employee’s salary
- Student Loan Pay Down Program
- Parental Leave
- Generous PTO Program
- Education Assistance
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should send their resume to [email protected] or apply online at the link below.