Mohawk, North America’s largest privately-owned manufacturer of fine papers, envelopes and specialty substrates for commercial and digital printing, will showcase new specialty digital items including seventeen new specialty digital products designed for dry toner digital presses and an expanded line of Wide Format Inkjet products at Graph Expo 2016, September 25-28 in Orlando, Florida.
Mohawk will exhibit in booth #2413 within the Materials Matter pavilion at Graph Expo 2016. Mohawk’s presence in the pavilion aligns with the brand’s Maker Campaign, celebrating the role that well-crafted materials play in the print ecosystem, and supports the brand’s leadership position in the digital print industry.
“With numerous additions to our specialty digital portfolio and expanded wide format inkjet products, Mohawk is truly a one-stop shop with the broadest range of high performance digital papers and substrates available in the marketplace,” said Mike Madura, Vice President, Digital, Mohawk.
Seventeen New Specialty Digital Items
Mohawk is pleased to introduce seventeen new specialty digital items designed for dry toner digital presses. The products span four different categories and will deliver new applications to digital print service providers. New products include:
- Eight new Synthetic Premium Polyester colors (including Teal, Light Purple, Tan, Bright Yellow, Royal Blue, Red, Bright Green and Bright Orange)
- Five new smooth-edge, peel off Dimensional Premium Polyester items(including White Wristbands, Bright Yellow Wristbands, Bright Orange Wristbands, Peel Off ID Cards and Butterfly Fold-Over ID Cards)
- New High Energy Magnet designed for limited use outdoors on automobiles
- New Pressure Sensitive Kisscut Item for two-sided, temporary window signage
- New Synthetic Durable Textile for runners’ bibs and more
- New Synthetic MetaliK® Silver Board for signage, packaging and more
At Graph Expo 16, Mohawk will be presented with the Printing News 2016 Readers’ Choice Top Product Awards for Consumables: Specialty Papers & Substrates for Mohawk Synthetic Performance Polyester.
The Printing News Readers’ Choice Top Products Awards feature breakthrough products that have caused the most excitement in the industry and have been a valuable asset to commercial print businesses over the last year. Winning products are voted on by the readers of Printing News.
Growing Wide Format Inkjet Portfolio
At Graph Expo 2016, Mohawk introduces a total of six new products to expand its Wide Format Inkjet portfolio to meet the needs of the growing display graphics market,
including three economy lightblock products, one Dupont™ Tyvek® product, and two magnetic products. New items are optimized for Solvent/Eco-Solvent, Latex and UV-Cured inks, are compatible across multiple ink types, and are designed to support a wide variety of printing applications.
New items include:
- Wide Format Inkjet Textured Lightblock Economy Film: Innovative economy lightblock film optimized for Eco-Solvent, Latex and UV-Cured inkjet print applications.
- Available in 9, 12.2 and 19.5 mil
- Featuring vinyl face and polyester backing, a highly stable product that resists heat and lays flat. Anti-slip coating for reliable print results. Suitable for indoor and outdoor use for a variety of signage applications.
- Wide Format Inkjet Dupont™ Tyvek® 11 mil: Optimized for Solvent, Eco-Solvent, Latex and UV-Cured print applications.
- Available in 11 mil, lightweight, tear and weather-resistant, suitable for signs, banners, maps, guides and other durable documents
- Wide Format Inkjet Magnetic Indoor Strength: A flexible magnetic product coated with a revolutionary printable surface optimized for Solvent, Eco-Solvent, Latex and UV-Cured print applications.
- Available in 15 caliper, the product is 100% recyclable, contains no plasticizers and features a clear matte back coating. Eliminates curling, rough edges and separation.
- Wide Format Inkjet Magnetic Outdoor Strength: A flexible magnetic product coated with a revolutionary printable surface optimized for Solvent, Eco-Solvent, Latex and UV-Cured print applications.
- Available in 30 caliper, 100% recyclable, contains no plasticizers and features a clear matte back coating. Eliminates curling, rough edges and separation. Suitable for indoor or outdoor use.
Mohawk’s wide format inkjet portfolio now features over 30 different products engineered for vibrant color and durable print quality across a wide range of applications and ink types.
Mohawk Wide Format Inkjet substrates are known for benchmark performance including outstanding color control and top coat consistency for scratch resistance. The result is vibrant and durable print quality for use across a wide range of applications including banners, posters, signs, point-of-purchase graphics, wall murals, architectural renderings and more.
Visit Mohawk in booth #2413 within the Materials Matter pavilion at Graph Expo 2016 for product information and samples.
Mohawk is North America’s largest privately-owned manufacturer of fine papers and envelopes which are preferred for commercial and digital printing, photo specialties, packaging and high-end direct mail.
Mohawk fine papers and envelopes include the signature brands Mohawk Superfine® and Strathmore®, as well as proprietary treatments Inxwell® and i-Tone®. With a culture of innovation, Mohawk’s business model now extends beyond paper manufacturing into new areas of growth, including specialty digital substrates and wide format ink jet materials. Mohawk remains committed to an 85 year heritage of bringing the most innovative and beautiful materials to the design and print communities.
As a leader in environmentally and socially responsible business practices, Mohawk was the first U.S. manufacturer of commercial printing papers to match 100% of its electricity with wind power renewable energy credits and the first U.S. premium paper mill to shift toward carbon neutral production. Many products within Mohawk’s portfolio of recycled papers are certified by Green Seal and the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). Mohawk is a fourth-generation, family-owned and operated business based in Cohoes, New York, with global sales and operations located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, please visit www.mohawkconnects.com.
CONNECT WITH MOHAWK