Several New Products to be Introduced at 2017 SGIA Expo in New Orleans
Mohawk, North America’s largest privately-owned manufacturer of fine papers, envelopes and specialty substrates for commercial and digital printing, announces the continued expansion of its wide format inkjet portfolio designed to meet the needs of the growing display graphics market.
New products in Mohawk’s Wide Format Inkjet portfolio include Fine Paper for art reproduction, metallic-faced adhesives, economy canvas, and a non-skid product for floor display graphics. New items are designed to support a wide variety of printing applications.
New items include:
Strathmore Pure Cotton Inkjet paper: 300gsm Hot Press Smooth finish optimized for Aqueous Pigment inks and is currently stocked in 24”x40’ and 44”x40’ rolls.
- 100% cotton, OBA free, archival and acid free. Suitable for premium art and photo reproduction, gallery reproductions, limited editions, exhibition, gallery and museum prints, photo books, portraits, important documents.
Printable Canvas Expressions Décor Canvas Semi-Gloss 6.5 oz engineered by Aurora: Optimized for Latex, UV-Cured, Eco-Solvent and Solvent print applications and is currently stocked in 54”x150’ and 60”x150’ rolls.
- 100% polyester with enhanced Expressions coating. Suitable for Interior commercial/home/office décor, photo/art reproduction, consumer art reproduction, window displays, indoor banners, wall murals, wall coverings, POP displays, POS retail signage.
Gold, Rose-Gold and Silver MetaliK with permanent or removable adhesive options: Optimized for Latex, UV-Cured, Eco-Solvent and Solvent print applications.
- Mirror effect metallic-faced adhesives in Gold, Rose-Gold and Silver can be dry or wet applied. Perfect for lamination on boards, lettering, logos and designs on glass and smooth surfaces.
- Available November, 2017
Non-Skid Floor Display Film with removable adhesive: Optimized for Latex, UV-Cured, Eco-Solvent and Solvent print applications.
- R10 rated, PVC-free, polyester, non-skid media for floor graphics. Tough coating eliminates the need to laminate. Resists tearing, punctures, and skid marks. Suitable for all smooth, hard floors and low pile carpeting/tiles.
- Available November, 2017
White Satin Roll-Up Display Film, 8.3mil: Optimized for UV-Cured, Eco-Solvent and Solvent print applications and is currently stocked in 36”x100’ and 54”x100’ rolls
- BOPP/Polypropylene film with satin finish. Great for roll-up banner displays and posters. White on both sides, can be sewn and grommeted for economical POS applications.
Samples of these new wide format products will be showcased in the Mohawk booth at SGIA (booth #1026), October 10-12.
Mohawk Wide Format Inkjet substrates deliver benchmark performance including outstanding color control and top coat consistency for scratch resistance. The result is vibrant and durable print quality for use across a wide range of applications including banners/signage, posters, point-of-purchase graphics/displays, wall murals, architectural renderings and more.
Mohawk Wide Format Inkjet products are easily searchable via Mohawk’s Digital Product Selector by media type or ink type. Contact your Mohawk Sales Representative or your local paper merchant for more information.
Mohawk is North America’s largest privately-owned manufacturer of fine papers and envelopes which are preferred for commercial and digital printing, photo specialties and high-end direct mail. Mohawk fine papers and envelopes include the signature brands Mohawk Superfine® and Strathmore®, as well as proprietary treatments Inxwell® and i-Tone®. With a culture of innovation reaching back to its beginning in 1931, Mohawk is committed to providing materials that help make every printed project more beautiful, effective and memorable.
As a leader in environmentally and socially responsible business practices, Mohawk was the first U.S. manufacturer of commercial printing papers to match 100% of its electricity with wind power renewable energy credits and the first U.S. premium paper mill to shift toward carbon neutral production. Mohawk’s portfolio of recycled papers is certified by Green Seal and the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
Mohawk is a fourth-generation, family-owned and operated business based in Cohoes, New York, with global sales and operations located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, please visit www.mohawkconnects.com.
CONNECT WITH MOHAWK