Paper Machine Shift Supervisor
We are looking for a Paper Machine Shift Supervisor who will ensure crew safety, optimum productivity and efficiency of operations. This person will also ensure meeting customer specifications in the manufacture of coated and uncoated specialty printing and writing papers.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of paper machine and beater room crews on shift to ensure fulfillment of production objectives. Effective direction and coordination of the entire crew is especially critical during grade changes, unanticipated variations from operating schedules, process and grade experimentation, etc. Crew supervised as rotating shift: 10.
- Monitors paper machine operations and product quality on a regular basis during a shift to be alert to deviations from prescribed order specifications and takes corrective action on a timely basis to minimize down time, attain optimum productivity and to meet or exceed shift schedule objectives.
- Responsible for providing safety direction and guidance to assigned crew to ensure employee safety and compliance with Company safety policies and governmental regulations.
- Monitors the maintenance requirements for equipment and processes under his/her direction. Initiates maintenance on shift when necessary and communicates items that need to be addressed at a more optimal time.
- Ensures that raw materials are available to the crews and that all process additive preparations are being made and to order.
- Ensures the timely training of the entire crew and oversees the continuous skill development of the crew.
The right person for this role is a self-starter with a strong attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. The following are also required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Pulp and Paper or Engineering, or a related curriculum.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a paper mill environment.
- Good communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of DOE and continuous improvement techniques is a plus.
- Strong desire to work in the production side of the business.
Mohawk is committed to being a great place to work. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision plan
- 401(k) 50% match up to 6%
- Student Loan Pay Down Program
- Parental Leave
- Generous PTO Program
- Education Assistance
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should send their resume to [email protected]