Maintenance Mechanic A-2
Mohawk is currently seeking a Mechanic Class A-2 for the day shift is normally scheduled 7AM – 3:30PM, with rotating weekends and double-time pay for Sundays. An Associate’s degree in a related field is required along with basic experience and aptitude as a mechanic. Starting pay rate is $24.51 per hour.
The successful applicant will participate in a 2-year training program, which is intended to develop their mechanical skills and abilities. Upon completion of the 2-year training program, the individual will be required to pass the current A level written and hands-on mechanic tests.
Some of the job duties include the following:
- Set-up and operate lathes, drill presses, grinders, metal working tools to make and repair parts to dimensional specification
- Knowledge of all aspects pertaining to welding s/s/, steel, cast iron, aluminum, etc.
- Alignment of equipment
- Interpret layout plans, blue prints, and schematic drawings and determine work procedure
- Set tolerances in bearings and gear assemblies;
- Ability to troubleshoot, mechanical equipment, pumps, values, hydraulics, pneumatic systems, etc.
Qualified candidates must pass a series of aptitude and written tests. We are a smoke free and drug free workplace (pre-employment drug screen and background check required). Mohawk offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Candidates may apply to [email protected] or at:
Mohawk Fine Papers Inc.
465 Saratoga St.
Cohoes, NY 12047