Junior Financial Analyst – Commercial
We are looking for a Junior Financial Analyst to join our Director of Financial Planning & Analysis in supporting Mohawk’s sales and marketing teams. The Commercial JFA will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of financial reports, creating charts and graphs, and mining, validating, preparing, scrubbing, and analyzing data.
Support in the preparation of detailed financial analysis including advanced financial modeling, profitability analysis, return on investment/discounted cash flow analysis, monitoring business issues and impact to profitability.
Participation in the annual planning process, mid-year forecasts and short-term outlooks.
Perform data validation, collaborate with Director to streamline processes.
Create ad-hoc reports, as necessary.
Interpret data to support decision making.
Work with the pricing team to develop reporting dashboard and support KPIs
Strong focus on improving and acting on information for decision making within a fast-paced environment.
Develop a deep and intuitive understanding of the business, and what drives success through inquisitive and open dialogue with others.
Participation in the accounting close process which may include account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting matters.
Other responsibilities may include audit support, reporting support, preparation of Board of Directors materials, presentation preparation and ad-hoc requests.
The right person for this role is a self-starter with a strong attention to detail. The following are also required:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or engineering (with experience in FP&A) or a related field.
- 1+ Year(s) experience in finance, marketing, sales or similar role.
- Ability to work with a reasonable amount of uncertainty and provide best estimates with confidence.
- Ability to understand and define issues, collect and analyze data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills; ability to translate data into decision making
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate across functions as a business partner and service provider.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Extensive knowledge in spreadsheet (MS Excel) and financial modeling.
- Experience with sequel or similar programming is a plus.
- Able to work with large amounts of data.
Mohawk is committed to being a great place to work. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision plan
- 401(k) benefit
- Student Loan Paydown Program
- Parental Leave
- Generous PTO Program
- Education Assistance
Qualified candidates should apply online at Mohawkconnects.com or submit their resume to [email protected].