Enter to Win: Custom NYC Stationery Store Map

A while back, I profiled Tucci Cursive’s Boss Like a Lady series on The Paper Chronicles. Liz Tucci and I kept up a casual correspondence, and on April 18, just when National Stationery Show prep was in high gear, Liz reached out again with a fabulous idea.

In honor of the 70th anniversary of NSS, Liz offered to pen an original drawing of NYC paper stores and give me the art … I would just have to find a partner to help out with just the right paper and print solution.

Liz happened to reach out to me the day before I was visiting Jill at Parse & Parcel to see our #NSSClassof70 project come together — her team was assembling everything — so I mentioned Liz’ offer, and not only did Jill love the idea, she wanted to include it in an upcoming parcel. Both of us knew exactly who could not only print this project quickly, but more importantly, beautifully: Mohawk! So, we called them — and they loved the idea.

A few drafts of the poster went back and forth, and thanks to Mohawk’s Print Innovation Center, voila! Stacks of the 10″x 12″ prints, printed on Mohawk Superfine Smooth Ultrawhite 120 cover were in Mohawk’s NSS booth. As an interesting side note, not only was Mohawk the official paper sponsor of NSS, Superfine turned 70 this year alongside the show!

The response was quite positive — I know Melinda from Lion in the Sun mentioned that she was framing hers … and just in case you did not get your own, Mohawk is generously giving away 25 more to paper fans!

To get yours, comment below with the name and location of your favorite stationery store, and tell us why…and the first 25 comments will be winners! (Please note: only addresses in the continental United States can be accepted.)

We can’t wait to learn more about your favorite stationery store — and I’ll be sharing some of the responses we get right here later this month!

1. Posted by stephanie on 06.9.16 at 10:06 am

Hi – my fave paper store is Robert Mason in Columbus.

2. Posted by Ellen on 06.9.16 at 10:27 am

My favorite stationery store is Please Reply in Birmingham, AL

3. Posted by Kim Baker on 06.9.16 at 11:19 am

6.25 Paper Studio in Grand Rapids

4. Posted by Caitlin Van Dusen on 06.9.16 at 1:07 pm

I am loving our Paper Source in Nashville! Whether I want to make something myself or buy something off the shelf, they always have what I need!

5. Posted by Kellie on 06.9.16 at 1:51 pm

I think mine would have to be Paper Seahorse in Tampa, FL. It is local and I am for supporting local!

6. Posted by Kirsty on 06.9.16 at 2:09 pm

Not a traditional stationery store, but the Single Track Art Gallery & Espresso Bar on the Isle of Skye was a surprise for me that I loved! Walked in for a coffee and sandwich and left with a collection of notebooks and pencils. Their collection was small but lovely!

7. Posted by Micah on 06.9.16 at 11:19 pm

We have a great store in Fayetteville Arkansas called Shindig. They always have that special something when I need it. Great unique pieces and custom local print pieces.

8. Posted by Rebecca on 06.10.16 at 4:26 pm

Troy Cloth & Paper in Troy, NY! They have beautifully handmade, witty, graphically eye catching greeting cards!

9. Posted by Aimee Berger on 06.11.16 at 10:56 pm

Berings in Houston, TX is my go to for stationery and gifts. They feature national as well as local designers. I always find something perfect!

10. Posted by Shannon hiller-webb on 06.12.16 at 11:54 am

Oblations paper in Portland OR is by far the best store for all things memorable, customized and with a range of supplies to create lasting memories

11. Posted by Danielle Crandall on 06.12.16 at 8:20 pm

My favorite stationary store is Paper Hammer in downtown Seattle. A lot of great letterpress products from local designers.

12. Posted by Christina on 06.13.16 at 10:31 am

My favorite Stationery Store is Parcel in Montclair, NJ.

13. Posted by Liana Sora on 06.21.16 at 2:08 am

Paper Source in Manhattan. They always have the best quality in not only partier but pens and everything else too.

14. Posted by Laurie on 07.21.16 at 3:12 pm

My favorite stationery store is Altiplano, in Brattleboro, Vermont. They have beautiful and unique cards, many which are letterpress printed.

[BLOG] Champions of Craft: Sebastian Cox: We know that materials matter, and the right materials can take a p... https://t.co/NDMG0CUGIn @feltandwire - View on Twitter
[BLOG] Inspiration, education + conversation: A Maker’s Field Guide to Texture and Color: The competition for... https://t.co/WeqCJa92nr @feltandwire - View on Twitter
[BLOG] On The Wire: Designer to Watch, Mimi Kim: Today, guest blogger, Sarah Schwartz, editor of Stationery T... https://t.co/7PX5EFbFOm @feltandwire - View on Twitter