Pam Williams: For she’s a jolly good Fellow

Pam Williams wears many hats, only one of which you see here. Tonight, Pam will receive a feather in her cap — the 2012 AIGA Connecticut Fellow Award — in recognition of her design advocacy (perpetual), her design initiatives (inspired), her design writing (articulate and passionate). The evening’s festivities will include a video tribute to Pam’s myriad of contributions in the greater design community (tomorrow we’ll share the link). As the managing editor of Felt & Wire, Pam widens our horizons, elevates our discourse, and brightens our outlook. If you would like to add your congratulations to ours, please toast Pam here, so all of her friends can enjoy your comments.

1. Posted by Tom Biederbeck on 04.26.12 at 11:31 am

This honor is richly deserved, Pam. Working with you through the years has been a privilege … and you are a constant source of inspiration. You’re also seriously fun.

Mary Scott’s comment above cites your “colleagues, friends and admirers.” Count me in as all three.

Tom Biederbeck

2. Posted by Arianna Orland on 04.26.12 at 11:49 am

Congratulations Pam! I am so thrilled for you. I would get on a plane right now if I could. Today was indeed a very good day.

3. Posted by Andrea Pellegrino on 04.26.12 at 12:08 pm

Love you lady! Can’t tell you how much I wish I was going to be there tonight to tip my hat to you. So well deserved. Thank you for everything.

4. Posted by Chris Harrold on 04.26.12 at 12:35 pm

Cheers to you Pam! A well deserved honor for one of my favorite people in graphic communications…your passion, voice and presence are a force to be reckoned with and a source of inspiration for all of us here at Mohawk!

5. Posted by Fred Schaub on 04.26.12 at 12:58 pm

Congratulations Pam! You bring out the best in people and your commitment to excellence is unwavering. A true design advocate!

6. Posted by marc english on 04.26.12 at 1:10 pm

pam, your accomplishments as primo gelatto scooper have all but made me forget your many other admirable qualities, both professional and personal. you are a wonderful fella. congrats!

7. Posted by Deanna Kuhlmann-Leavitt on 04.26.12 at 1:17 pm

Wear something cute…oh, and some good jewelry, too. Congratulations XO!

8. Posted by Deanna Kuhlmann-Leavitt on 04.26.12 at 1:17 pm

Wear some good jewelry girl! Congrats and big hugs!!

9. Posted by Robert Sedlack on 04.26.12 at 1:22 pm

Until recently, I’ve only had the opportunity to admire you and your work from afar. I have been fortunate, over the past couple of years, to have been able to work with you on an AIGA initiative, and certainly found all the wonderful things that I have heard through the years about you to be absolutely true! You are amazing! Congratulations, Pam!

10. Posted by Jennifer & Tom on 04.26.12 at 1:23 pm

Congratulations Pam!

11. Posted by Shasta Garcia on 04.26.12 at 1:58 pm

Super congratulations! I’m happy to hear you’re being celebrated and I’m happy that you’re part of my design community. CT and SF are connected by you! Thanks for the support you’ve shown me. It is always appreciated. Let’s have some more partying next time you’re in SF :)

12. Posted by ken carbone on 04.26.12 at 1:58 pm

Dear Pam,

What’s the feminine version of “fellow”? Fella? Fellise? Fellelle? Whatever it is Ms. Williams you more than deserve it! Congratulations!

13. Posted by Amy Graver on 04.26.12 at 1:59 pm

Pam – We are certainly lucky to have you in Connecticut. It was great working together with you when we started the AIGA CT Chapter. You’re leadership, enthusiasm and passion kept us moving ahead – always moving ahead. This recognition is very well earned. I’ll miss raising a toast to you at the event this evening, but I’ll be thinking of you and adding my hearty congratulations from afar. Enjoy the evening surrounded by your friends and admirers of which there are many! Cheers, Pam!

14. Posted by Jessica Karle Heltzel on 04.26.12 at 2:01 pm

You’ve been such a pleasure to work with! A much deserved congrats from us :)

15. Posted by Gaby Brink on 04.26.12 at 2:09 pm

pam —

you are one hellofa fella! it has been a real privilege to collaborate with you on our various AIGA adventures. you’re a force of nature and an inspiration to so many.

BIG congratulations on this much deserved recognition. wish i / we could be there to raise a glass to you.

a heart felt CHEERS from california!

16. Posted by Dave Van de Water on 04.26.12 at 2:19 pm

If we are lucky, as we go through life we may encounter people that are truly magical with an ability to move the needle in a new direction. You are one of those people. Over the years, I’ve had the privilege to see you develop a body of work that is exemplary. But as the comments above attest, your true impact comes from the effect you have had on those who have worked with you. Your passion and energy and focus on the highest standards have been an inspiration to us all. Amazingly well-deserved congratulations with tons of love and hugs. I’m very sorry I can’t be there to celebrate with you. I hope you understand.

17. Posted by Marylou on 04.26.12 at 2:32 pm

Congratulations Pam! A well-deserved honor. Looking forward to celebrating with you tonight!

18. Posted by Peter Good on 04.26.12 at 2:32 pm

Pam, you have always been the special ingredient that makes projects soar…kind of like Escoffier mastering umami. I congratulate the AIGA in its wisdom in recognizing your extraordinary accomplishments. Cheers to you!

19. Posted by Diane Dawson-Brown on 04.26.12 at 2:43 pm

Pam: Cheers-It seems like yesterday that you and Lisa started Williams & House. So excited about the possibilities that were limitless due to your engaged, inspired and community spirit. It has always been fun working with you professionally and now you even dress me! All best wishes for continued success, Diane

20. Posted by Sean Adams on 04.26.12 at 2:45 pm

Pam, congratulations! You deserve this so much. You know how much I love you. We gave it a good shot, and even though the marriage only lasted 24 months, at least we left it friends and with two beautiful children. I tell Edgar and Drusilla about you every night before they go to sleep. They want to meet you someday, but as we agreed, you must kick the crack habit first. Love from all three of us. Sean

21. Posted by Noreen Morioka on 04.26.12 at 3:23 pm

Congratulations.You deserve a Medal, too! You were one of the first people to recognize Sean and I, and because of you, we got on the map. Thank you so much for changing our lives.

As for Sean’s comments, I’m sorry that I gave him unsupervised internet time. Thank you for paying for his care. xoxo, N

22. Posted by Matteo Bologna on 04.26.12 at 3:30 pm

Pam congratulations!
    After all these years I have to come out and tell you that I was the reason Sean left you, not Noreen.
    And Sean, I am Pam’s pusher and I hope she will not kick the habit otherwise I’ll lose my only source of income.

23. Posted by Eric Heiman on 04.26.12 at 3:35 pm

Congrats, Pam! Well-deserved and a long time coming. You been a great supporter of Volume over the years, and I will always hold dear our almost-evacuated Sedona forest fire Mohawk Show judging experience.

I’m not going to even try to write something funny after Adams Morioka’s one-two punch, though if you need some additional donations for Sean’s care, please let us know.

24. Posted by Robin Tooms on 04.26.12 at 3:49 pm

Caring, passionate, super-smart. I could literally gush on for a full paragraph, but I’d just be repeating the comments here.

Pam is so deserving of this recognition. We’re lucky to have her. :)

25. Posted by Chris Knopf on 04.26.12 at 4:09 pm

Pam – it’s a little hard for me to see you as a fellow, but congratulations anyway. Good for you.

26. Posted by Laura Tarrish on 04.26.12 at 4:24 pm

I knew you were fun to email with. I knew you were easy to work with. I knew that, at least by your Facebook pics, you were beautiful…but who knew you were such a big deal?! Congratulations Pam! If only I was NOT on the other side of the country, I’d be there with a glass of champagne in my hands toasting you with your other adoring colleagues! Have a great night-

27. Posted by michael carabetta on 04.26.12 at 4:54 pm

pam, i wish there was a connecticut aiga when i lived there – and worked not too far from where you do. and if there were i wish you were its
    guiding light. but even from afar, your influence is felt, your spirit shines through. heart felt thanks for all that you do – including now felt & wire which keeps the sense of design community intact. kudos! xo

28. Posted by Mark Randall on 04.26.12 at 5:13 pm

There is not much more that I can say. It’s ALL been said in these posts. I AGREE with all of them except that part about being a CRACK addict. xoxoxoxoxo Mark!

29. Posted by Nathan Garland on 04.26.12 at 5:23 pm

Dear Pam,
    Yes I agree. You are most deserving. Wish I could be there to help celebrate. I salute you as a champion for all of us in the design community. Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations!
    With a big hug and love,

30. Posted by Zia Khan on 04.26.12 at 5:45 pm

Pam, you are the best! So well-deserved. Thank you for being you.

31. Posted by Michael Osborne on 04.26.12 at 6:31 pm

My fellow Fellow,
    Congratulations/kudos/it’s about time/wish I were there/thank you for all you do/much deserved recognition/flowers all over you! xoxoMO

32. Posted by Mick Hodgson on 04.26.12 at 6:43 pm

There is only one Pamela Williams, there could only be one. To be a friend is a special honor and for that I am eternally grateful.
    Fondest love and THANKS for EVERYTHING you do and have done for me and all the other people whose lives you touch on a daily basis. XX Mick

33. Posted by Rich hollant on 04.27.12 at 1:04 am

To paraphrase from earlier tonight:

It was a pleasure and an honor to present this recognition to my dear friend. You do right by us all, and you do our wee state proud.

Beeline to the heart, Love.

34. Posted by Lisa House on 04.27.12 at 7:53 am

Congrats Pammie! Nice to see your work recognized!

35. Posted by Sab Sab World on 04.28.12 at 11:34 am

Congratulations Pam ! All the best for future :)