& Safety Coordinator
We are looking for an Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator who will be responsible for the organization, maintenance and updates to EH&S department information; perform routine tasks and other activities to support and provide backup to department management in the areas of environmental, health and safety. This is a position seeking candidates with interest in a long term career growth track in EH&S.
- Ensure quality of departmental document organization and program content (This includes organization and maintenance of various manuals, electronic document system, and regulatory records archive).
- Provide support for Mohawk’s established EHS programs through defined activities and recordkeeping under the direction of company managers:
The right person for this role is a self-starter with a strong attention to detail. The following are also required:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or related discipline.
- Strong P.C. skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to update and maintain documentation systems which require strict attention to accuracy and organization.
- It is essential that the candidate be someone who understands the requirement for detail, is disciplined and methodical in work practices and willing to maintain a high level of organization and structure in work process and quality in final work product.
- Must be self-directed in organizing, scheduling and following up on tasks. This is critical as it relates to EH&S regulatory documentation and activities requirements.
- Must be willing to perform tasks in manufacturing areas. Although this job is primarily office based, it does entail tasks within production areas. A car is required for travel between mills and for other assignments such as delivering samples to our contract laboratory.
- Candidate must be willing to develop and apply technical knowledge within regulatory discipline and assume greater responsibilities over time.
- There is the expectation that the candidate will attend appropriate training and development sessions and continue to update skills
The following are also preferred:
- Previous experience with environmental, safety, or quality compliance and management programs, and employee training
- Previous training and experience in the following areas: OSHA HAZCOM/GHS, HAZWOPER, RCRA, DOT HAZMAT, OSHA regulations, OSHA Recordkeeping
- Previous experience with Power Point, Scanning and Graphics programs would be helpful.
Mohawk is committed to being a great place to work. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision plan
- 401(k) Contribution of 3% of employee’s salary
- Student Loan Pay Down Program
- Parental Leave
- Generous PTO Program
- Education Assistance
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should send their resume to [email protected]