Do you love paper, print, and design? Are you a design student? Work with us at Felt & Wire! We’re looking for a creative design student to help contribute to the Felt & Wire blog as a Young Designer Correspondent.
Here are the details:
The position will start in April 2014 and is open-ended. We’re looking for someone who can commit to a post schedule and deliver according to a regular schedule.
This is an unpaid opportunity, with a commitment of about 4-5 hours a month. Writing will be done remotely, so we’re looking for someone who enjoys working independently and will respond in a timely fashion to emails from our editorial team. You must also be available for the occasional Skype, Gchat, or Facetime session to check-in with the Mohawk editorial team.
- 2-3 posts a month according to our editorial schedule
- Must be a full time college student currently enrolled in a design degree program
- Must be organized, responsible, able to work independently, with a high level of attention to detail and deadlines
- Must be enthusiastic about design and active in the local design community
- Must be savvy in tech/social media/blogging
- Must be interested and available to attend the HOW Design Conference with the Mohawk team in Boston May 12-15, 2014. (Please note: Mohawk will provide a HOW Design conference pass and overnight accommodations in Boston at a hotel of our choice. All additional costs related to travel and attendance at the conference are the sole responsibility of winner.)
What You’ll Get :
- A byline as student correspondent on the Mohawk Felt & Wire blog
- An opportunity to attend and live blog during the 2014 HOW Design Conference in Boston, MA, May 12-15, 2014.
- Author bio and links to your portfolio, website, and/or social media accounts
- Access to a global audience of designers and printers
- Access to occasional e-mail interviews with well-known designers and makers that partner with Mohawk
- Occasional Mohawk swag
To be considered we will need:
- A blog post of no more than 350 words to describe why you should be selected as the Mohawk Student Correspondent for Felt & Wire. Show us your creativity!
- Detailed bio, including your resume, design background, & design activities/groups you’re involved in
- Sample blog topics you would like to write about on Felt & Wire
- Website, social media handles, and/or portfolio links
- 2-3 writing samples
- 3 professional references
- Entries will be judged by a panel of experts including the Mohawk marketing team, Felt & Wire editorial staff and professional design educators.
- Judging will be based on originality, creativity, writing style and ability, design style, experience with blogs/social media.
- Email all of the above requirements to : [email protected]
- Deadline for entries is Friday, March 14, 5:00 pm Eastern Time.
- Entries will be judged by March 28 and a winner will be announced by April 1.
The Fine Print:
- If the notified winner does not respond within 24 hours, an alternate winner will be selected.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age to enter.
- Void where prohibited.