Mohawk introduced a new line of Digital Papers, optimized for rapidly developing digital printing equipment. The first western regional distribution center opened.
1995 - Introduction of revolutionary Inxwell® process on Mohawk Options followed by Mohawk Navajo in 1996.
The company was bought back by Thomas D. O’Connor, Sr., and other family members.
During the 1970’s and 1980’s, the Cohoes machine was essentially rebuilt, with the addition of high speed metering technology, an on-machine coater, calendering equipment, and a state-of-the-art electric drive.
The company was sold to Riegel Paper Company, which was subsequently taken over by Federal Paperboard.
Throughout the 1950’s and 1960’s, Mohawk built a strong presence in the large Northeast advertising and printing markets that developed in New York, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC.
Mohawk began to develop its first text and cover line, called Mohawk Superfine.
George E. O'Connor, a Waterford lawyer, and grandfather of current President and CEO, Thomas O'Connor, Jr., was appointed receiver and eventually bought the mills under the name Mohawk Papermakers, Inc.
The Frank Gilbert paper Company filed for bankruptcy.
A second paper mill was constructed in Cohoes, just south of the junction of the Erie and Champlain canals.
[Cohoes, NY – October 14, 2014] – Congressman Paul D....